Monday, October 14, 2013

{Gavin 50 Months}

Dear Gavin,

Today you are 50 months. 50. Wow. 

First of all, I cannot believe how funny you really are. We are always laughing with you, and you say the funniest stuff. Most of it involves stories about things. You tell stories ALL day long, and they usually involve what time you are doing things and what you are "working" on. You have an agenda for each day, and you are starting to learn the days of the week and what they mean. Its pretty confusing, but you definitely have Saturday and Sunday down....the days daddy is home!

You started your very first art class...a BIG KID art class! You love it. Teacher CD is amazing and has a TON of projects to keep you busy. She lets you call all the shots with your "extremely impressive imagination" and she loves you. The second day you had class, when I came to get you, Teacher CD was in amazement. She said she kept forgetting what she had planned for you guys because she was so enthralled with your stories. She was so into them. You soaked that right up and talked nonstop for an hour. I just laughed because I am very aware of the stories, and I loved how she was so amazed. :) Your first big project was a "garbage project" where you take "darbage" and paper and tape it all up into a shape. You chose a "flying ear dog" and you have been working on it for 3 weeks. She helps you, but lets you do a lot of the work. You have also made canvas paintings and "melted stuff" in the kiln:)

You are also very into making crafts at home. We have been busy making Halloween things, and you are so into it. Spiders everywhere and you made a beaded pumpkin that we had to iron together. You really surprised me with your ability to place all the beads in the correct order to make it. It took us a while, but we did it!

You continue to love school, and have done some pretty neat things. We have had at least one field trip a week including the beach, pumpkin patch, museum, Sanborn park, and a few other hiking spots. Its so exciting, and you love it. You hop into Lisa's and Tania's car for school so easily, and love your friends. It makes me feel so good to see you so happy. The best part of the week is on Fridays. My day to take you, Ryan and Elise. You are always so excited, and so am I. I have been getting to see you learn so many things....and I have also learned a lot about how you are handling the frustrations of being 4. I am so happy I get to do this with you. You hold my hand and help me with the hikes...you laugh and say that I need to learn from you, the "master hiker." 

You have been going to bed pretty early, around 7:30, as you are missing naps three days a week. You have been sleeping to 6am on the dot. The days you don't have school, you nap for a few hours. 

Favorite foods include yogurt, cheese, milk, kale smoothies, mac n cheese, hot dogs, gram crackers, any dried fruits, and ice cream. You are in a size 5T for most things, and growing fast. I can barely pick you up anymore! Still in diapers for bedtime, and they remain pretty wet in the morning. 

Gavin you are just the friendliest little kid! You talk to anyone who is around, and you are so sweet! You ask people if they need help, and offer to help them all the time. You love to know what people are doing and why, so you just ask. Its so funny. Not shy in any bit. I love how you are so nice to people. Such a sweet boy. 

Thanks for making me smile and laugh each and every day Gavie!

Love-
Momma





No comments:

Post a Comment