Tuesday, November 10, 2009

{Gavin 12 Weeks}

Baby Gavin 12 weeks old! It sounds SO much longer to say 3 months...I still can't believe that 3 entire months have gone by...Time passes so fast.

Gavin is just getting bigger and bigger every day. He seems kinda heavy now...and sometimes I find that my back already hurts! Ha! He will only get bigger! G "talks" to us all the time and loves to play with all his toys. We recently brought out the exersaucer and put him in it...and he LOVES it! He just stares and talks to the purple monkey...and he has started to "grab" objects when he is playing. I am not sure he really knows he is doing it, but its cute!

We recently noticed that Gavin has been having some tummy issues. He is sometimes in pain and agitated when he eats and after he eats...and all the signs and symptoms have led us to think he might have a milk protein intolerance. This means that he may be having a hard time digesting the milk/dairy that I eat. Dr. Copeland told us to do a trial of NO DAIRY in my diet for a week...to see if the issue resolves. So, yesterday was day number one. I still think that there is dairy in my system because he does not feel that well yet. We will see. I will do whatever he needs...I just hope if we take dairy out, he feels better:) I have never really restricted anything from my diet(besides some things while pregnant) so this will be an adjustment! I went to the grocery yesterday and was reading labels. It makes the trip about 3 times as long, and EVERYTHING has some form of dairy in it! I was shocked to find out that most of what I eat has some form of milk, casein, whey, or soybean oil in it! I had no idea, but they are all out now! I think the biggest struggle will be finding enough to eat to maintain my calories for breastfeeding. I snack ALL day and eat some pretty big meals (All include dairy) so this will be a challenge...but not a big deal. So here we go!

We are SO SO SO excited to leave for Ohio on Saturday. We get to spend 2 weeks with my family, and I have been looking forward to this since the day they all left in September. I also get to see my friends, which is always to nice. I sure do miss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment