Monday, September 10, 2012

{Austin 7 Months}

Dear Baby Austie,

Today you are seven months going on seven years old. I am not sure I have ever known a baby as active and as involved as you. You love the world, and don't miss a beat. If there is something going on, you need to know right away! You love to crawl around ANYwhere we go, including the sand and dirt. You have eaten your fair share of sand, and I think you learned your lesson. If you start to eat leaves, sand, or rocks I just say "Yuck" and you look at me and stop;)
Oh Austin. Our life is now spent chasing you around and letting you explore everything. You will crawl from one end of the house to the other in minutes, and you are INTO everything. Drawers, cabinets, toys, you name it and you need to taste it. You rarely put things in your mouth with your hands, you usually just put your face right to it to taste. We no longer wear any shoes in the house because you are constantly sucking on the floor. You see a speck or dot, and your mouth is on it in seconds. Funny and kinda gross;) You can now climb stairs AND the step stool...just 2 days ago you figured out how to climb the step stool and I almost had a heart attack when I saw this. So so SO strong!

You are a very happy little guy, and smile at anyone who smiles at you. A few times you have acted a little shy towards strangers, so I think a little stranger aanxiety may be setting in. You laugh, squeal, and scream when you are happy. This is most of the day, so its pretty loud in our house! When you are mad you yell VERY loud, until you are satisfied.

Your sleeping is better these days. You go to bed between 7:30 and 8pm and get up once around 3 or 4 to nurse, and then go back to bed until 5:30-6. You are napping 2, sometimes 3 times a day. You prefer to nap in your bed, and will sleep longer there (opposed to the car). You are nursing on demand through the day, and eating 3 "meals" in your high chair. Good Lord, if we don't get the food on your tray fast enough, you act like the world is over!

You have now had almost every food in the world. (that we eat at least!) We just give you what we are eating, and you gobble it down. Most of it ends up in your lap and the floor...Your favorites are any fruit and any veggie...and you LOVE bread and pasta.

You laugh the most at your brother. He plays peek-a-boo with you and you just squeal so much. Its the best thing in the world to watch:) You LOVE to sing songs, and your favorite is when I sing you "You are my sunshine" You will just sit still and smile at me. Pure heaven. You also love when we blow bubbles in the bath...you will try to grab them and you are so confused when you don't get them:)

Your brother starts school this week, so you and I will have one morning a week, with just us! I plan to give you as many kisses as I can, and just be able to spend time with you. I will probably even hold you while you nap (We do this when brother is not home) because this time is so precious....as you will be grown up before we know it. I will savor every moment you are still a baby:)

We are so lucky to have YOU baby A!

Love you always-
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment