Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Day of School!

Today is Gavin's first day of school in the 3's class at Mountain School! He will be going Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Tuesdays I will drop him off with Lisa and Ryan (Our good friends and family partner for school) and on Thursdays, I will take Gavin & Ryan to school. 

I already dropped off Gavin with Lisa, and he was SO excited to go! He ran to her car and said "Weesa, I LOVE your car!!!" Hahahaha. Then he jumped in and said "Bye Momma, See you later, don't be late!" Hahahaha again! We are so lucky to have such an easygoing 3 year old...no tears and such a good boy:) We shall see how it goes!

I feel so blessed that I am able to have this experience with Gavin. (And of course Austin in 2 years!) This school is the most magical place, and I would not be able to do this if I was working full time...so I am very thankful. 

I was pretty sad leaving Gavin, mainly because this means my baby is really no longer a baby...he's going to school without me! BUT Baby A and I did really enjoy our morning together! It was spent napping and playing:)

Update: Got a call from Lisa at 11:40, and could hear G crying in the background. Apparently he fell and hurt his hand in the "Sticky Ivy" (???) and then he realized he "missed momma." So Lisa decided to pack up the boys a few minutes early to head home...Gavin said he had a lot of fun in the sand, creek, circle time, and the hike...but when he fell, he got sad and needed a hug from momma:( All in all, it was a good day he says! (Lisa says he was having a blast the entire time, even went on a creek hike with the teacher, just got sad at the end of the day)


No comments:

Post a Comment