Monday, January 14, 2013

{Gavin 41 Months}

Dear Gavin,

You are almost 3 and a half! I can't believe that this summer you will be four! While most days you act like a three year old, some days I think you are 10. You talk like you are 10! Yesterday at school you told your teachers that "I need to leave school early today because I have a party at home that I need to set up for, and I need to bake a cake and do the dishes." HAHA!

You are pretty good....most of the time. You have your very serious moments where you completely melt down. Most of the time its because you don't want something to change or us to touch something you made....like when you set up a "birthday party" in the living room...and a few hours later I clean up things, and you were not ready for that! We are working on you using your words instead of melting down!

You still eat very well, but have some nights where dinner is a challenge. You will refuse to eat much, and then once we eat dessert, you eat your dinner so you can get dessert too! Bribery is the tool, and it works. We try not to make a big deal out of it...we eat, we ask you to eat 2 times, and then we stop talking to you about food. We continue our meal and do dishes and have dessert. You know that if you want to eat an oreo, you must finish your dinner. Thankfully, this has worked and its never more of a struggle. You sometimes ask for a "different dinner" (you may get away with that when you are at Ma and Papa's house:) but we do NOT make you different food at home and you know it! Nice try buddy!

Sleep is great. No complaints. You LOVE having sleepovers at Ma and Pap's house, and some weeks you go there two times! We are so thankful!

You continue to love school, and are learning so much. You say the funniest things, and I just love getting to go to school with you and watch you learn. Its a very special time for us, and I cherish it so much. Before long, you will be in school all day long, and I will wish for this time back...I know it.

Thank you Gavin for being so sweet...to us and to your brother. We all love you so much!

Mamma

No comments:

Post a Comment