Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rocking...

G went down for a nap today with no problem.

10 minutes later he was awake and crying. Very loud.

I went in and scooped him up in my arms. I held him as he fell back asleep. He does not usually do this. Just sometimes.

I sat down in the rocking chair with him. I usually promptly put him back to bed.

I sat there and held him. I thought about {a few} mothers who are not able to do this. I thought about the pain I would feel if my baby were in pain. I though about how much I hurt for these mothers. And their babies.

I kept thinking I would put him back in bed. I could not. I thought about those mothers. I kissed his head. I smelled his neck. I held on to his hand. I cherished this time.

I prayed. Prayed for certain families. Prayed for the health and safety of my own. Prayed that God would give me the strength to keep praying for others even when it is easier to just try to forget because it is too painful.

I rocked. And rocked. And rocked. I promised myself that I will not take any of this for granted. Ever.

Hold someone close to you tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment