Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gavin the toddler!

-Gavin enjoys Yo-Toddler yogurt in the tub each night. This is the only place the child will sit still, well somewhat still. He has a blast in the tub. Whatever works, right? OK, well that's my new motto, so deal!
-We took these pics with Daddy's Christmas present! A new Nikkor 50/1.8 Lens!!! This lens is Awesome! In a summary, it is great for close up shots, and lets more light in the pictures, especially the natural light. We LOVE it! I am not sure who is more excited, me or Derek!
-We took Gavin out to dinner tonight. BIG MISTAKE! Before we left Derek said, "Didn't we say we would NEVER take him out to dinner again, last time we went out???" I replied "Ohh yes, we did. But I did not cook, so too bad..." Ummm Derek was RIGHT. Sooo right. Gavin would not sit still, poured the salt and pepper out all over the table, threw the food at me, and even popped his monkey balloon with his TEETH! This child is a wild animal. (Yes, we paid some guy a few dollars to make Gavin a monkey balloon, only to be eaten by Gavin!) When we left, it looked like a tornado has gone through our table. Oh, and we had to box my dinner up because I was not able to eat. I was too busy with the wild animal. Really, not doing that again for a LONG time. Or at least until he understands the command "please sit!!!"
-I have been reading my new book I got for Christmas. Derek got me Digital Photography by Scott Kelby. So far I love it, and am learning new things each time I read it. 
-We attempted to change Gavin's nap over to once a day, not two. Another big mistake. The boy needs BOTH of his naps. We will not try that again. Just racking our brains trying to figure out how to get him to sleep better at night. Still have no answers. 
-Derek is going to take me out to dinner for my birthday soon. I hope. We did not get to do anything on my birthday because the boys were sick. 
-Gavin is getting not one, not two, but 4 MOLARS! I guess this could explain the lack of sleep. Tonight when he started screaming to get out of his bath, we noticed all FOUR! Ouch, I guess that is why he is biting EVERYTHING? Including my neck. Not only is he an animal, he is also a vampire!
-I am realized as I type this that Gavin really is a toddler! Seems like the terrible two's a little early!
-I also realize as I type this, that I am complaining a lot. Really, I am not meaning to. Once again, I find myself realizing that I am the luckiest person in the world to have such a beautiful, fun, hilarious, sweet, and HEALTHY toddler. For this I am very thankful. And even though no sleep is no fun, I am thankful for this as well. I know it could be a LOT worse, and this is such a small issue. Some mothers would kill to just have some "sleep issues." So again, I will take this. 
-I have been on the computer for an hour, so now its time to go chillax with the hubby:)

2 comments:

  1. awww...these are GREAT pictures! Loving the new lens! Gavin is seriously ADORABLE! He looks like he's thoroughly enjoying the bath all to himself...haha...Kaylin is jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new lens is amazing!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete