Monday, February 10, 2014

{Austin 24 Months}

Dear Austin,

Today you turn two years old! To start the day, you decided that today would be the day you would climb out of your crib! You greeted us right at our face, and you were so proud. Oh Lord!

You are such a crazy and wild guy. Always being goofy and always LAUGHING. You laugh at almost anything. You climb almost anything. Complete monkey.

You also decided to have your first real tantrum today. Oh my goodness. You were tired, and you apparently did not want to take off your shoes to nap. This tantrum was complete with kicking, hitting, and even hitting your head on the ground. Not a great way to have a birthday afternoon! Of course, since it was your special day, I decided to calm you down by letting you nap with me. I know, I know, but I will not explain to anyone. You are my baby, and as long as you want to snuggle, I will allow it. I cherish it. I let the laundry go, I let the dishes sit in the sink, and I did not prepare dinner. Instead you and I took a nice long afternoon nap while your brother was at school...and I cherished every. single. moment. One day you will no longer want to snuggle. You may stop napping soon. Either way, I want to look back and remember my time with my baby. :)

You are saying so many words these days. A few new ones are MINE and MORE. You say these almost all day long. You know what you want and when you want it. Last week we had you evaluated by Early Start because your speech is still a little behind, and they have decided that you would benefit from some "speech school." You played with some therapists for a bit and they fell in love with you. You apparently score above average in all 4 areas, and the only area you score average in, is expressive language. You grunt, point, and usually get what you want on your own without talking. They say that with some extra help, you will be on your way. We will see! In the mean time, we talk all day long. You repeat almost any word under the sun, and tonight you started to say "sorry." It sounds like "SAAAWEEEE" and its adorable. We continue to read lots of books, and you seem to really enjoy it. As long as they are about construction vehicles!

You continue to be our champion eater. You eat everything all day long. Your Cincinnati Ma says that you eat more in one day than some kids eat in a week. Its all I know, so I don't always think its a lot! I do know that I shop in bulk at Costco, and I am now needing to go weekly. I can't imagine how much I will need to shop when you boys are teenagers!

You go to bed these days at 8pm sharp. You get up at 5-6am, and usually play in your bed. BUT tonight, you are no longer in your crib!!!!! You are in A BIG BOY BED!!!!! Since you climbed out, we deiced that its time! We are keeping our fingers crossed that you stay in bed all night! So far (9pm) you only came out once, at 8:03, and you looked confused. Like you just wanted to see if you were ACTUALLY FREE. Once placed back in bed, you stayed, and fell fast asleep. I count my blessing that you are such a good sleeper. Most nights you ask for baba and to go nigh-nigh. 

You are in 2/3T clothes and size 4/5 diapers. Size 8/9 SHOE! Your feet are HUGE. Still need diapers when we are out of house, and we are not pushing you to train any time soon. No need. You will do it when you are ready!

We signed you up for PRESCHOOL starting next fall. Mountain School on Friday mornings! Of course I will be with you each time, and its very exciting! This was one of my favorite years with your brother, and I am so excited for you.

Austie, we love you so so so so so so so much. Words cannot even explain how much we are so in love with you. Everything about you. Thank you for making us so proud and so so happy!

Love you to the moon and back Austie Paustie!

Momma




No comments:

Post a Comment