Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Gavin 5yr Well Check-Up

We were a little late (4mo) for Gavin's well check. He didn't need shots so I was a little lazy scheduling this appointment.

He was VERY nervous about needing a shot. I told him that I was almost positive that he was not going to need one, but you never know. I promised him he did not have to get the flu shot (he never has, and he has never had the flu) so he was happy about that.

When we got there, he was talking to everyone. The staff, the nurse Kim, and then Dr. C. He told everyone about his life...where he goes to school, what he does at school, about his brother Mr. Talkative aka Austin.

Dr. C did the check up, and said that he is very healthy, everything was great. We talked about how well he is doing in school, and how healthy he has been. Not a single sick visit in over a year! The only question I had was about the fact that he still wears a diaper to sleep, but its not a problem to me. She said that this is totally developmentally appropriate, and totally normal to need one still. Done!

Gavin passed his vision and hearing screening, and had beautiful vital signs. BP 95/52, HR 85, and sats 100. Such a LOVELY sight!!!

Here are the stats:

Weight-48 pounds. 80%
Height-46 inches. 90%
BMI-60%

Just like every year, I pinch myself walking out. How did I get so lucky? No issues, nothing to really need to talk about, just a wonderful visit with the doctor. I am so thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment