Friday, February 13, 2009

Week 13 and Feeling Better:)

Tomorrow starts the beginning of week 13 and so far everything is progressing smoothly! I am starting to feel better most of the time...and eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! So far weight gain is still at 3 pounds...wondering when I will start to really gain some weight. (I am sure in a few months I will regret saying that:)

At our last appointment the doctor asked us if we would like to do any "prenatal genetic testing." There are so many "tests" that they can do these days and most of them need to take place between certain weeks of pregnancy. From the beginning I knew I would not want any invasive testing done unless medically necessary. There is also a blood test that can detect markers for "Trisomy 21" (Down's Syndrome) but it is not a very accurate test. There is a higher rate of "false positives." I fall under the "Low Risk" category due to age and family history. SO Derek and I talked it over and we decided that no matter what, we are keeping this baby and letting God decide the outcome. Even if we were to find out information now, we would still continue with what we were meant to do. So, no screening tests for us and baby. For now we plan to have the "Anatomy Scan Ultrasound" at 20 weeks where they will look at all the organs/fluid/placenta and make sure everything measures what it needs to. During this ultrasound we will also find out if baby Moore is a he or she! Yes, we will find out! After that, as long as everything is progressing normally, we will plan to have one more ultrasound in the 3rd trimester. I will go to the doctor every 4 weeks until delivery, so that she can monitor weight gain and listen to the little heartbeat.

The last thing I wanted to talk about was a Birthing Documentary that I am going to go rent tonight! It is called "The Business of Being Born" and is supposed to be a really good documentary about how the birth process is handled in our country. I have heard that it is very interesting! Click the link above to check out the trailer.

Baby Development This Week:
Baby has fingerprints now, veins and organs are visable now, and the body is starting to catch up with the head...baby is starting to actually look like a baby! Baby is now the size of a medium shrimp! Hehe!




2 comments:

  1. Still waiting for a picture....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do they always compare to weird food things.. I agree w/ Erica, send some pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete