Friday, February 20, 2009

Week 14 and Second Trimester

Today I am officially in my second trimester! I can't believe how fast it has gone and how much better I feel:) It was not that long ago that I was referring to the baby as a blueberry and now its the size of a lemon! (I know, I know, that's still so small:) So far I have been feeling good and think that my appetite has definitely increased! I have started having some cravings and I have not been holding back. I think I better not go with my cravings every day because I might put on way too much weight! Lately it has been breakfast foods. Every morning I normally eat cereal or oatmeal...and the past week I have wanted eggs, hash browns, bacon, pancakes, bagels...When I am off work and at home I have not been giving into my cravings, but at work I do! (I figure I am on my feet all day at work, so why not!)

I think that the "baby bump" has started to show now because I can no longer suck in and pretend I "fit" into my regular pants. Its a good thing that most of them are low enough on my hips so I can just keep the rubber band on them. (Pics to come this weekend...I need D to be home to take them:)

Baby Development This Week:


Baby can now frown, squint, grimace and even suck his or her thumb! Baby measures 3.5 inches and weighs 1.5 ounces. The liver starts to make bile and the spleen starts producing red blood cells. Baby's hands and feet are flexible and active (Although I do not feel it yet).






Last but not least I bought baby's first Papasan Swing! I was looking through Craigslist and found this "gently used" swing. The woman who was selling it mentioned that her new baby does not like to be in the swing and only likes sleeping on her tummy...So I went to pick it up at her house and I ended up staying for 45 min and talking with the woman! She was really sweet and we had a really nice conversation...and the best part--I got a GREAT deal on the swing! Cousin Griffin really liked this swing, so hopefully our baby will too!







2 comments:

  1. Cousin Griffin didn't just like this swing...he slept in it for 3 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still laughing it up!!! j/k I love you!

    ReplyDelete