Wednesday, August 12, 2009

2 trips to L&D

Oh Baby Moore...He is just making us work so hard! Yesterday Mom and I went to Dayle's house to go swimming and relax...and first we went out to lunch. I had not felt little baby move very much all morning and at all after lunch. So I waited and ate some candy...still nothing. I was really nervous so I called Dr. Jaki. She told me to go to L & D to just make sure the heartbeat was OK. So we went and they put me on the monitor to hear his heartbeat. Everything sounded great...I was contracting every 3 minutes, but that's not new!!! SO just when we thought it was OK and we would leave, they took my blood pressure and it was pretty high...160's over 90's and for me (or any person) that is too high. So we waited....and waited....and it remained high. So they did some blood work to make sure that everything looked OK. All the blood work came back within normal limits, so that was very reassuring. Then after a little while longer my blood pressure came down enough for them to send me home! Sheesh, what a day.

We went to L & D again this morning because they wanted me to follow-up with a non-stress test (For movement, HR, Contractions) and a blood pressure check. Everything was normal, and my blood pressure was down...still a little elevated for me, but an OK number. SO we left and hopefully don't need to go back until the big day!

All I know is that I LOVE my doctor and the nurses at the hospital. They are great. I was in and out pretty fast, they are very thorough, and very nice and helpful. There is nothing like hearing the babies heartbeat on the monitor...such a nice sound:)

Still 3cm, 70% Effaced, and contracting all the time. Poor Mom, she saw the monitor with the contractions and was so excited to see them all...then I had to explain that they meant nothing because it has been happening for the past 2 months;)

So we wait! We have 39 week appointment tomorrow morning...hopefully have some updates!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment