Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gavin Update

OK, I know I have not been posting that much in the past week...but I have been pretty busy with my little man! Boy is he a lot of work;) He is such a great baby, all he ever complains about is wanting to eat! He has one cry...his "hangry" cry as daddy calls it...meaning he is hungry/angry! Other than that he loves to have his awake time in the mornings and afternoons with grandma while mommy rests. He sits in his chair and he loves to listen to grandma talk and sing...Grandma has been SUCH an amazing help to all of us, and I already get sad thinking about when she will be gone.

Gavin has been pretty consistent with his eating schedule, he HAS to eat every 2 hours. Every once in a while he will make it every three hours, but for the most part its every 2. I seem to be making enough milk to satisfy him, as long as I feed him ON THE DOT! He wakes up and needs to eat that minute! Ha!

By far the funniest thing that Gavin does is poop! I know, sounds nice huh?!? But really its so funny to hear him grunt like a little old man right before he goes potty...never thought that I would think this was so funny!!!(I also think it makes me feel better knowing I am feeding him enough:)

Overall Gavin is a pretty good baby...he loves to be held and snuggle with mom and dad in bed, loves to eat, loves to be put down while he is awake, and he sure loves his grandma taking such good care of him!

We took Gavin to his pediatrician last Wednesday and met Dr. Copeland. She seems like a great doctor and we were really pleased with her and the office. She said that Gavin was "perfect" and wanted to see him again at week 2. Gavin was 8 pounds 12 ounces at birth...went down to 8 pounds 3 ounces on the day we were discharged...and at his doctor appointment he was 8 pounds 4 ounces...so that was good that he was starting to go back up in weight. Everything else was good and she said he looked great. We have another appointment next Monday, so we will see how much weight he has gained now! (It seems like it should be a lot to me because he eats ALL the time!)

Gavin has his second outing yesterday to the car wash! Grandma and I took Gavin to to get an oil change, gas, and car wash! He of course slept the entire time, and really loves to be in the car!

Ahh I am in love with this little man:)

No comments:

Post a Comment