Saturday, August 1, 2009

Finally Here!

Today I am officially 37 weeks pregnant and considered FULL TERM! The time is finally here and I am so excited! If I went into labor now, the baby would be just fine and be a nice healthy weight:)

Now that this pregnancy is reaching the end, I am realizing that I am really having a baby! It has really not hit me yet, and I know it probably won't until I am holding him in my arms. This entire pregnancy I have thought about what the labor will be like and what may happen...but I have not pictured myself as the one in labor! I am realizing that it will be me, and I will have to go through labor to get this baby! Ah, a little scary! I wonder how I will do with the pain...I just hope that the epidural works like it should!

Baby Moore does have a name...and we will announce it when he is here! Sorry, No hints!

This little guy has been moving around just the same, and continues to kick and push on my ribs. I read that soon he should "drop" and I will feel him less in my ribs...well that has definitely not happened yet! The other day when he was kicking my side like a soccer ball, I could actually see his little foot! I kept thinking there is no way that I see the outline of a foot, but it really was! I am pretty sure I could tell where the toes were too! It is so amazing, I can't believe that there is a little baby in me just ready to come out!

On Monday night Derek and Dayle went to the hospital to take an infant/child CPR class:) I thought it was a good idea that all of us who will be taking care of the baby are trained in CPR...It is a very important skill to have!

Yesterday I had my 37 week appointment and it was the best appointment yet. My weight has not changed since last week which was nice because I had gained so much last week! My GBS test came back negative, which means I will not need antibiotics during labor, so that was good news too! Next Dr. Jaki measured my belly and it measured 41cm, which is nice and big;) When she was feeling the baby to make sure the head was down, she mentioned that she thought he felt kind of "big." So then she brought in the ultrasound machine so we could take a look at the baby. Right away when she measured his head she told us that it measured big and he might be a big baby! After she took all the other measurements she gave us a "projected" weight of the baby......8 POUNDS!!!! I laughed and said "Oh, you mean he may weigh 8 pounds when he is full term???" She said "No, that's about what he weighs now!" Ack! I could not believe that she just told me this!!! I was nervous but thrilled!!! Sounds huge, but that's what we have been hoping for all along! When all this started we were hoping to make it to a point that the baby was a healthy weight...now he really is! I was so relieved and happy. Then Dr. Jaki checked my cervix and told me I was around 2-3cm dilated and 70% effaced! She also said that I am "free" from bedrest and I can do whatever I want now:)

Mom will be here in just 2 short days!!! She gets in on Monday night and I am so excited to see her:)

Baby Development This Week:
Baby Moore is now the size of swiss chard;) He is "Full Term" and should do just fine if born now! His lungs are mature and his body is almost as big as it will get! Dr. estimates Baby Moore is around 8 pounds now!

No comments:

Post a Comment