Thursday, February 16, 2012

New Again...

Well, Derek and I officially feel like new parents again! Just when we thought "we knew it all" something came up that we did not experience with Gavin....actually, Baby Austin is proving to be pretty opposite of Gavin as a baby!

This morning we woke up and noticed that poor little Austin smelled bad! We figured out it was his cord stump (I know, gross!) and it was pretty foul smelling. It did not look red at all, but I thought it could not possibly be normal to smell bad...Gavin's didn't smell, I would remember! Of course, I think infection, and call Dr. C. She had us come in this morning (20 minutes later! I LOVE this office:) to see him....just in case. It turns out that it "does not even smell that bad" !!! YUCK. She said that she has smelled a LOT worse...and since it does not appear infected, then its pretty normal! Hmm, so we are to use alcohol pads to wipe it clean, to prevent the smell, but we don't have to. Of course I am glad we took him in just to be safe...I would have been worried all day that "the infection" was spreading in his body:)

Again, we totally feel like newbies again...and I guess it proves that no baby is alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment