Sunday, December 9, 2012

First trip to ER

Oh poor bubba. He has just been so sick! It all started 2 weeks ago when Gav had a cold. He was mildly sick for a day, and then back to normal. Then bubba got it, and was not well for a few days. Then I got it, and got mastitis on top of it (bc Austin was not nursing at all while sick) so it was a terrible few days. Then I was all better, Gavin had been better, but poor Austin just got worse. Then today I finally took him in to the ER (his peds urgent care did not open til 10am). We were seen right away, in and out in an hour. I had a feeling that he had something secondary going on, like an ear infection. Diagnosis: ear infection and laryngitis. Poor bubba! His voice is so so hoarse...he sounds so sad.

On top of all the snot everywhere, he has been vomiting up snot when he coughs too...so so sad! He started his first course of antibiotics today, and we are praying that it kicks in fast so he can feel better.

Of course this all happens when mom is in town! I feel terrible, but then its like it was meant to be. She took care of the kids (Thanks Dayle and mom!) for the entire day that I could not get out of bed from the mastitis. Thank God they were here!

Even though bubba has been sick, we have still be doing lots of fun stuff. Meeting Santa, shopping, garage sales, lots of playing, getting the Christmas tree, and a wagon ride to see all the Christmas lights. Pics to come once I am able to put baby down...for now he is a severe mommas boy, and wont leave my arms and chest.

As terrible as this illness has been, I remain thankful that it is just that. An illness that he will get through. One of my patients at work (same age as Austin) just got her heart transplant after waiting 7 months...its great news, but also reminds me of what I need to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment