Thursday, August 29, 2013

Gavin's love for cooking

I really can't say enough how much Gavin loves to cook. He does not always like to eat it, but he just loves to cook. He especially loves to make things that involve "Prust" (Crust) and he knows exactly how to make homemade crust. I had planned to make some pot pies, and I bought the premade pie crust shells. (As I don't seem to have as much spare time in the kitchen as Gavin) and he got so mad at me!!! He told me that he could make it, and I could save the others for later. So, I did. During Austin's morning nap, Gavin and I made chicken pot pie....from scratch. Gavin was so happy to do all the work, and his favorite was trimming the extra pie crust off the sides, with the real knife. I usually give him his "kid knife" that really is sharp...but this needed a "really sharp knife." So the past few weeks we have let him use the real stuff. So far, so good. I trust him. Austin on the other had will be 10 before I will ever trust him! :)

Pay close attention to the serious concentration in his face. He is in Gavin heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment