Monday, September 9, 2013

First day of school in the 4/5's class!

Today is a big day for Gavin....his first day of school in the 4/5's! This means that he is in the oldest class in the school!!! He is still the absolute youngest in his class (many of his classmates are 5) but this is not new, he has always been the youngest in his class! Last year Teacher Angie recommended he go to this class....its one of the most challenging classes...but of course, the most fun. She said Gavin could do it! Another special bonus...his two teachers are Teacher Angie (who he had last year and loves) and Teacher Marie. Teacher Marie was DEREK'S teacher when he was 4!

Gavin was SO excited to put on his "work shoes" and get ready for school. (his new shoes are a size 12!!!) We got ready, packed extra clothes and snacks, creek boots, and a water bottle. He was set!

Off we drove to meet Lisa, Ryan, Tania and Elise at the parking lot. Gavin ran out of my car, climbed up in Lisa's car (She goes mondays) and he said "BYE Momma! I will make sure I show Teacher Angie where we can find a banana slug!" 

No tears, no nothing! He was so happy! I was a little stunned. They pulled out of the parking lot and Austin was in my arms whining because he REALLY wanted to go. I was still in shock. I know its not that big of a deal, but last year he had a really hard time leaving me....now he is so so SO grown up. I can't believe my eyes! I felt a little sad leaving without him, but then I remembered how incredibly excited he was. It made me so happy. Proud too. Very proud. 

So here is the big 4 year old going to school!








 


No comments:

Post a Comment