Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mom's weekend out!

On Saturday morning, my good friend Lisa (Ryan's Momma) picked us up, and we headed down to Monterey for a moms weekend out! (Me, Mom, Rusti, Lisa, Cristina, and not pictured- Carol) It was the FIRST time I have ever left EITHER of my kids overnight! I was not nervous at all because they were home with daddy....so I was just plain excited! 

We first drove to Point Lobos to do a hike to the ocean. It was one of the prettiest hikes I have ever been on. Every way you turn, there is another gorgeous view of the sea....it was so pretty. The weather was perfect, not too chilly or hot. Perfect hiking day.

After the hike, we headed to The Portola Hotel to check in and start our spa treatment. We all had either a full body massage or a facial...and it was so so nice. I am pretty sure I almost fell asleep a few times. Then we relaxed in the steam room and showered. 

After drinks in the hotel room, we all headed out to dinner. We walked over to Restaurant 1833, and had a really nice dinner. 

I am so thankful to Derek for being able to take the kids so mom and I could do this. I can't remember the last time we did something together...so it was so so nice. A really REALLY big treat!





No comments:

Post a Comment