Sunday, September 14, 2014

Family Day

Gavin calls it "Family Day" when Derek and I are both home from work. If we are all 4 together for the whole day, thats a family day! We usually decide in the morning what we want to do....park, bike ride, zoo, aquarium, or whatever the boys like. Today it was "Happy Farm" as Austin calls it. Happy Hollow Zoo. 

Austin has been begging to go on the roller coaster, but usually its just me with them at the zoo, and I can't leave Gavin alone...so Austin never gets to do it. Today was different! Austin was SO thrilled to go on the roller coaster with Daddy! Gavin did it once about a year ago, and HATED it. Just despises the roller coaster, so there is no talking him into it!

Austin's face was priceless. He was so happy, and concentrating so hard! He was very serious, and then told us he "Wuved it so so much."

After the playground, we walked around to see the animals. The leopard was sleeping right in the sunshine with his face right next to the glass. The boys watched him for so long...it was sad and sweet at the same time. 

I am so thankful that my work schedule allows me to be home some weekends. Right now, since things are so busy, I am working every other weekend. I really like getting some more family days!





No comments:

Post a Comment