Friday, September 12, 2014

Gavin in JK

I have not written any updates about Gavin in JK, so its time! Things have been SO busy with school, but Gavin is IN LOVE with his school. He can't wait to go each and every day, and he actually begs to stay at extended care! He gets to stay one day a week, and in extended care he has the entire room for just him and any other JK'ers since the big kids are not out yet...and one on one time with Miles! Miles just plays and plays with them...they love it!

In JK he has 10 classmates, and they are all great kids. His best friends right now are David and Natalie. He just loves to see David every morning, and apparently they play all day together. So cute. He has had playdates with both of them, and he is always so excited.

Mrs. Jennifer is awesome. He LOVES her so much. Hugs her in the morning and hugs her when he leaves. She is incredible with them. He also loves Mrs. Liz, the helper.

The first week of school I had hurt my head and I said ouch. Gavin came running up to me, rubbed my arm, and said "Oh Mom! Are you OK? I was worried and wanted to make sure!" I was a little surprised at how sweet he was being, and he then told me he was "Checking In" to see how I was doing. That from now on he would always 'Check in' with others if they were sad or hurt, because maybe he could help. SO SWEET.

Another day he dropped some of his food on the ground, and after a deep breath, I calmly let him know he dropped his food...he then said "Oh, Mom, thanks for the gentle reminder!" He went on to explain that when the reminder is 'Gentle' its a lot better and its easier for him to hear. HA!

I am so happy to see and hear about all the things he is learning in JK! I am SO happy we picked this school, and we are able to send him there. So thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment