Thursday, March 19, 2009

Guardian Angel


Last Saturday Grandma went to heaven. We miss her so much. She is watching down on us and is our new Guardian Angel. Derek and I just got back into town after spending time in Ohio for her funeral. We celebrated her life and gathered all of our memories of her and all the time we were able to have with her. I know she is smiling down on us and happy to finally be at peace. I love you Grandma "DB" ~

Mary Elizabeth Donovan
May 5, 1923-March 14, 2009

Her favorite prayer ~ One we all hope to live by as she did

Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment