Monday, March 30, 2009

20 weeks...half way there!

Today I had my 20 week appointment (a few days early) and everything went really well! I was kind of anxious to get on the scale...but stopped worrying when I saw that I had finally gained some weight! I am now +8 lbs since the beginning:) Other than that, everything was pretty much the same. Blood pressure was normal, no protein in urine, and belly measured what it was supposed to. I got to hear the heartbeat with the doppler and it was about 155 bpm. Usually the heart rate is between 120-160 bpm, so baby Moore's heart rate is on the higher side:) Some people say that girls usually have higher heart rates....and others say the opposite...We will just have to see on Thursday!  

Baby Development This Week:
Baby is now around 10.5 ounces and 10 inches long from head to toe, the size of a banana! Now baby will be measured from head to toe instead of head to bottom. Baby is starting to make meconium in the bowels...which we will get to see in the first dirty diaper! (I will let Derek be the first to change the baby:)


1 comment:

  1. I realize that you're going to find out what the baby is but remember, both my boys were small and had high heart rates so everyone assumed they, too, were girls, in utero...surprise!

    ReplyDelete