Friday, March 13, 2009

Week 17

Today is the start of week 17, and I am feeling pretty good! Although I have not been sleeping very well, I think it is just because I have so much on my mind (Worried about Grandma). I have been on the phone with everyone back at home multiple times a day and feel a lot better when I have frequent updates...As of right now Grandma is sleeping all the time and not waking in pain. That's all we can ask for right now.

Other than that, still no weight gain! Kinda starting to worry me, but I am trying to just remain relaxed and keep eating all the time. I posted the first belly pics and there is definitely a little bump...Been wearing yoga/sweat pants all the time. Just hoping that I don't need to go anywhere that requires nice clothes any time soon! (Or I might just have to buy some. gasp. maternity clothes!) I am starting to see some really cute maternity clothes, but they are all spring/summer and its still so chilly here! I despise winter clothes to begin with so buying funny looking winter maternity clothes, no thanks! 

The neighborhood now knows I am pregnant:) I was outside today doing some yard work and stopped to chat with the neighbor...We talked for about a half hour about another neighbor (A crazy old lady) and she said to me in the middle of her sentence, "I don't mean to be rude, but are you pregnant? I know I am not supposed to ask, but you look like you have a belly!" I started laughing and told her that I was...She was so happy and says she can't wait to babysit:) I was just excited that someone who did not know I was pregnant asked me! Feeling so real! 

Derek and I spent a few hours at Babies R US last weekend and registered! Boy was that a task, but thankfully most if not all can be done online. Still need to pick the nursery furniture...

I bought this book before we registered and read it in about 3 hours....its a really great book called Baby Bargains and it has reviews for every baby "thing" you will ever need. It has safety ratings and tells you exactly what brands are worth the money. It also has a lot of little tips and helpful suggestions...this book is a must have for first time parents!

Baby Development This Week:
Baby weighs around 5 ounces now, and is the size of a turnip:) (Another site says size of a baked potato, and that sounds so much better:) Baby's weight will increase 6 times over the next 4 weeks! Baby is beginning to add fat so that he/she can keep warm once born. The fingernails and toenails are starting to grow from the nail bed. Baby's arms and legs are moving all around, can't wait to feel him/her:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment