Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Praying


I have not yet talked about Grandma on this blog, and I think I know why. She has been sick, sick for a long time and its been so hard to be so far from her. Thinking about it hurts. It makes me so sad to even type these words because I just wish I could be there helping her and everyone else. 

When I used to live in Cincinnati I would talk to Grandma every day and spend a lot of time with her. We had a very close relationship. When I moved to California I knew that it would not stop us from talking every day. Sometimes when she was lonely I would call 2 times a day. We talked about everything and she has always been there for me. She has always given me advice and encouraged me to look to God for the answers. From the day I got married until the day we told Grandma I was pregnant, she asked. Daily. She asked me every time we talked, "Are you pregnant yet?" I would always laugh and hope that one day I would be able to tell her that I was pregnant. She has been so excited about the baby. She said from the beginning that it is a girl, and she will get to see the baby when she is in heaven.  

Up until 3 days ago we still talked daily. Now she is in hospice and she wants to go to heaven. We all just keep praying that she can go peacefully...and not have to suffer anymore. I just keep thinking about the memories I have with her and I would not trade them for the world. I wish that baby Moore would get to meet Grandma DB, but I know that she will be watching from above. 

In the mean time all I can do is pray. Pray that her body and mind are at peace. Pray that she is not feeling pain. Pray for my Mom. Pray for the family. Keep praying.  
 

3 comments:

  1. Gave grandma a kiss for you tonight and told her you were praying for her, thinking of her and love her very much. She isn't talking but she stirs when you say something she wants to respond to, which is what she did when I said those words to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your grandma like my own. She was an amazing women who loved life and everyone in it. I am truly lucky to have known her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele this made me cry
    I love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete