Tuesday, September 1, 2009

2 Week Check-Up

This morning Gavin went to see Dr. Copeland for his 2 week check up. I am very proud (because I finally feel like I have enough milk for the hungry little boy) to say that Gavin now weighs 9 pounds 8 ounces! He was born at 8 pounds 12 ounces, went down to 8 pounds 3 ounces and is now up to 9 and a half pounds! She said she would be happy if he was at least his birth weight...and he sure passed that up! He also grew 2 inches and is now 22 inches long. He is 60Th percentile for weight, 80Th for height and 50Th for head circumference.

Gavin was not very happy when the doctor checked him out, and screamed like he had never eaten before...so I fed him right away and he was a happy little man:)

Gavin is still wanting to eat every 2 hours overnight, and every 2-3 during the day. Dr. Copeland said that this was completely normal and eventually he will go longer. Most nights Gavin does well sleeping in his bassinet from about 11pm to 3am (with a feed in between of course!), but then he wakes up and wants to be held...I am so lucky to have grandma and dad here to take care of him so that I am able to get at least 2 hours of sleep at the beginning of the night...without those couple hours I would probably go insane! Then in the morning Gavin and Grandma hang out for a few hours while I rest again...Gavin has his awake time with Grandma and they sing and read...Gavin loves her:)

Sorry for those who don't want to hear about his pooping schedule, but we think its pretty funny! Every morning around 4 or 5 Gavin starts grunting and passing gas and trying to go to the bathroom...and about 8 am when he is in his bouncy chair (that vibrates) he goes poop! Never fails, we put him in the bouncy seat, turn it on, and its like his own little potty:) Really never thought I would be so excited for my baby to poop! HA!




After his bath Grandma brushed his hair to stand straight up...it looked so cute, like a little man!

2 comments:

  1. Gavin,
    I have so much enjoyed our time together and would not trade my time with you for anything. I am so glad and blessed that I was able to retire so that I could spend this precious time with you.
    Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm, did you put curlers in his hair or does it just do that? So cute!

    ReplyDelete