Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First night in his bed

Last night was the first night that Gavin slept in his crib in HIS room...and it went pretty well! Gavin is SUCH a loud sleeper and he has about one million noises that he makes...keeping his mommy up most of the night. So last night we thought we would try to put him in his room in hopes that we may get better sleep. (His door is 2 feet from ours and there is no problem hearing him;)

For the past 3 weeks Gavin has been sleeping right by me in his baby seat or bassinet, and I have not really let him cry too much during the night. When he wants to eat he squirms and fusses a little...and it will lead to a cry if I wait long enough. Well, last night I did not hear the fussing and squirming, only the cry...and boy was it a cry! Each feeding I woke up to a very hungry boy who would scream as loud as he could until I came to get him (Maybe 30 seconds...I have never ran so fast in the middle of the night)

Even though it sounds dramatic with him screaming, it was a pretty good night! I was able to sleep in between feeds and fall back asleep after...Also, did I mention how good this baby is? Each time I fed him I would put him in bed wide awake and he would fall back asleep on his own...we are so lucky!

I hope I did not speak too soon;) Hopefully tonight will be a good one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment