Wednesday, October 14, 2009

2 Month Check-up

We just got home from Gavin's 2 month check up...and boy was it eventful! Last time for his one month appointment he peed all over me when I undressed him, and today it came out the other end! After Dr. Copeland saw him I was holding him while waiting for the nurse to give his shot. All the sudden I saw "the look" he gives when he is going potty...and boom! He grunted so hard and I knew it was bad! I looked at Derek and asked him if there was poop all over me because I did not want to look down...sure enough it came up and out the back of the diaper and all over me and the floor!!! HA! Derek thought it was so funny...I guess I did too...just not when POOP is all over me!

After his visit the nurse came in with his vaccine. We have decided to go with Dr. Bob's alternative vaccine schedule (From the Vaccine Book). It still means we will be vaccinating him with almost everything, just on a delayed schedule. He got the Pentacel vaccine, which is a combo vaccine. It has DTaP, Polio, and HIB. I had Daddy hold Gavin because I could not do it! I know, I know, I give babies shots ALL the time at work, yet I could not hold my own baby for a shot. In a second it was over and Gavin screamed for about 3 seconds until I put the pacifier in his mouth...then he was fine! He was a little fussy during bedtime, but nothing a little Tylenol would not help:) Then he had a GREAT night of sleeping...almost 6.5 hours straight without eating!

Anyways, Mr. Gavin had a good visit with the doctor (minus the shot!). His stats are:
Weight: 12 lbs 11 oz 75th percentile
Height:23 in 50th percentile
Head Circ:40.5 cm 70th percentile

She was very impressed with his head control and how "strong" he is.

In development, Gavin holds a firm grasp on objects or hands. He makes "coo" noises in the mornings when he smiles...but its hard to tell what noise he is making because he has so many:) He follows objects, toys, faces, and voices ALL the time. Just today I held the phone up to his ear when Grandma called...and he just looked side to side over and over looking for her face...too cute!

Gavin still eats around every 2-3 hours during the day and at night he goes 4-5 hours at once, and mostly every 3 hours at night. Still exclusively breastfed, and gets a bottle of breast milk every night from Dad.

Gavin has been doing a new thing when he is sleepy. He rubs his head back and forth on my shirt or to the side (when in his car seat or stroller) until he falls asleep...he also does it when he is waking up, its so cute:) He loves to snuggle...and I love it too!

3 comments:

  1. I guess my 17lb guess was way off... better luck next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all I can say is chunk a chunk a chunckaroo. Now we need a movie of Gavin on his blog. Love and Kisses Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its actually starting to hurt my heart when I look at pictures of him. I miss him so much!

    ReplyDelete