Monday, October 5, 2009

So I thought I would start doing "not me Monday." It came from a blog that I read almost daily, My Charming Kids. She started this "not me Monday" as a way to admit some imperfections about being a mom, and its pretty funny!

SO I will start with our trip to Babies R Us last week and what I did not do. I definitely did not park in the "Expectant Mothers" parking space because there was NO other space...and then I did not proceed to try to stick out my belly (not very hard for me right now!) as I was getting Gavin out of the car...so that the little old man would not judge me...nope, not me! (I did not do this because it was one of my BIGGEST PET PEEVES when I was pregnant and I saw NON-PREGNANT women doing this...)

While picking up a few things at Target, I did not pretend that someone else made the ENORMOUS pooping/farting sound my son made...I did not just look around and mumble "eww that's gross" in hopes that the young couple standing next to me did not think it was ME!

While Derek, Gavin, and I were driving to Santa Cruz this weekend to have brunch with some friends, I did not think about leaning my entire body over Gavin's car seat to breastfeed him while we were driving because he was so hungry...That would be dangerous. Nope, not me!

I did not smack the hand of a complete stranger as she tried to touch my baby at the store...no, not me! That would make me a crazy germaphobe mother, right!?!

Oh, there are probably a million more where these came from, Now I tag ERICA to do the same:)


No comments:

Post a Comment