Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Little Traveler

4:30am-Gavin wakes up, nurses, and Daddy takes him so I can sleep a little longer.
6am-G goes down for nap.
7:30-G wakes up, plays with Daddy one last time before Daddy leaves for work.
8am-Nurse Gavin. Grandma Dayle arrives to take us to the airport.
8:30am-Gavin and I stop at Noah's Bagels for breakfast and coffee before we go sit and wait for our plane.
9:30-We board the plane and G falls asleep in the carrier before we even take off.
10:30am-I spot 2 empty seats in the back of the plane and we move to them. They are right next to 3 men in uniform, with deep voices...which Gavin seems to like (He just stares...whatever makes him happy)
11am-Pilot announces that we will be landing in Salt Lake shortly, and G starts to wake up. I nurse G as we are landing, and he finishes right in time to get off the plane. Everyone comments on how great he did. Everyone also comments on how incredible cute he is. I just smile.
11:30-Arrive in Salt Lake and stop at a little deli to grab a sandwich for myself. Gavin just sits very happy in the carrier. We wait for the next flight and I give G some carrots and apples for lunch. He scarfs them down. I change him and then we were off to Cincy!
12ish-Leave SL. Gavin has a huge dirty diaper right as we are taking off. Great. I take him to the *gasp* disgusting airplane bathroom. My worst nightmare. OK, not my worst, but pretty high up there! Change G and as I am finishing up, he pushes the entire bag of wipes into the toilet! EWW! I decide that any further dirty diapers will have to be dealt with without wipes.
1pm-Gavin walks the isles with me and smiles at everyone. He plays peek-a-boo with almost every old lady, and just stares with his mouth open at the old men. Gavin is the center of attention on this plane. He has yet to fuss or even cry. Not once. He is being so good...I am convinced that any moment he will start to get fussy.
1:15-3:15 G takes another nap (after nursing) in the carrier. Then I stood most of the flight because I was in the back talking to a really nice flight attendant. We had coffee and she almost ignores her job duties because we had such a good conversation.
---time changes---
6:30pm-G wakes up and nurses. Then he plays with some toys and plays peek-a-boo with the lady behind us. The woman sitting next to us is dieing to get her hands on G. She is very sweet and seems like a nice woman. She asks if she can hold him after she washes her hands. Oh such a smart woman! Of course I say yes, I mean she sanitized her hands right in front of me...love that! G plays with her and her husband for a little while, and I decide I better go to the bathroom while my hands are free.
7:30-Arrive in Cincy. Gavin's face lights up with a huge smile when he see's Grandma.

Overall, Gavin was the best traveler in the whole world! I think he was even better than me! He was so good, ate, slept, and played without a problem the entire day. I was nervous about traveling alone with him...and now I know that is is possible...no complaints here!

We are excited to be here in Cincy, and so excited to spend the week with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment