Friday, March 26, 2010

Some of G's favorites

Since G has been teething like crazy lately, I thought it was time for him to have some food to teeth on, instead of toys. Or instead of shoes. Or instead of the cat. Or instead of grass and leaves. Or instead of my shirt. Pretty much instead of EVERYTHING he puts in his mouth!

We started with the puffs, which he loves. They are banana and whole grain, and of course organic. They don't really taste like much, but he loves to suck on them. I still need to break them in half because they are a little big and he sometimes gags. Next we gave him some organic biscuits to teeth on...and they are vanilla flavored...and a HUGE mess...I give him this one outside and take all his clothes off first...He is in absolute heaven sitting in the sun, naked, with his "cookie." Just this morning I gave him a plain, salt free, organic rice cake. Wow, he LOVED this one! He actually almost ate half of it after 45 minutes! Again, a pretty big mess, but its OK because it keeps him busy for a long time:)

And of course, last but not least, is his rice cereal. He enjoys his meals so much more with a little of this in it. It is just organic brown rice cereal and some vitamins and minerals...so why not?! When I get the can out he starts flapping his arms because he knows its almost time to eat:)

I am happy I have been able to find these things for him to eat...they are all organic and are made of real ingredients...no fake stuff! They are dairy free and full of vitamins/minerals/calcium...and no preservatives. AND they are about the same price as the regular old Gerber stuff (a little more expensive, but its TOTALLY worth it to us!)...I am just glad that there is such a variety out there:)

1 comment:

  1. Yum Yum. I am coming to Gavins house for my next snack! Please No Tofu or Grandmas favorite hummus.

    Love
    debbie

    ReplyDelete