Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Da-Da"

Tonight we headed to Taqueria Telaquepaque, our very favorite Mexican restaurant. Derek and I have been going there for quite some time, and Gavin has been with us a lot too...but this time was different because we got to sit Gavin in a high chair (because he is a BIG boy now, and will not sit in his car seat!) AND we got to feed him some good old chicken tacos! I just picked out the chicken, rice, pinto beans, and avocado, and Gavin was in heaven. He quickly started to shove all the food in his mouth and was laughing while doing so. Of course we had to laugh at this, it was pretty funny! I would say that he ate quite a bit, and probably would have had more if we sat there longer.

On the way home, Derek got Gavin to say "da-da" on command, over and over. It was the first time that he has done this! So now he is saying "da-da" on command and waving hi and bye-bye on command. Highlight of my day was looking in my rear view mirror and seeing Derek's big smile while getting Gavin to say "da-da." It was so sweet. I love these boys so much:)

2 comments:

  1. Now we have to start working with him to say Grandma, or maybe Mamu. Love you Gavin so much and we will see you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh..."da da"...Derek must have been thrilled! I can't wait to try out the taqueria!!!

    ReplyDelete