Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sick Baby?

Today has been a LOT better than last night. Gavin woke up last night multiple times and cried. I knew he sounded different, and knew he must be getting a little cold. Poor thing had a snotty nose and seemed like he was miserable. He just cried until I held him. His nose was too stuffed up to nurse, so he just cried and cried every time he tried to eat. Finally Derek went out to a 24hr CVS to get some Tylenol at 4am! We were out because of the stupid recall...and I never replaced it! Anyways, Derek got home and we gave him some Tylenol...and by 6am Gavin was exhausted. He FINALLY fell asleep in my arms while singing "You are my sunshine" as we watched the sun come up...

I was up ALL night with him crying, so I called in sick to work. First time I have had to call in because of a sick baby...and I am SURE not the last!

Today Gavin has felt a LOT better, almost seems like he is back to himself. Minus the snotty nose. He has been a happy baby as long as he is held and given a LOT of attention. We managed to make it out for a walk and picnic at the park. Gavin loved that he got to eat a few french fries:)


3 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! Poor Gavin,hope he feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Gavin...and you & Derek! Hope he continues to feel better and that tonight is a better night!!! Kaylin sends her love as well : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Derek and Shell!This is just the first of many.He sure looks better.

    Love Debbie

    ReplyDelete