Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gavin & Santa 2010

Today I took Gavin to the mall to meet Santa and have his picture taken. I thought Gavin was going to freak out....and boy was I wrong! Although Gavin usually loves strangers, he likes them on HIS terms...meaning if he walks up to them, then its OK. So I put Gavin down a few feet away from Santa, and he RAN to him and put his arms up! SOOOO cute!!! Santa picked him up right away, and Gavin just stared at his beard, touched his face, and started talking to him! It was like he knew who Santa was, and was telling him what he wanted! I was about to die, it was so adorable. Of course, Gavin had a crowd. We were the only ones in line, and there was no one around. After Gavin spent 10 minutes on Santa's lap, there was a giant crowd watching! When it was time to get off, Gavin refused! He held on to Santa's arm and told me "no!" This was the first time EVER he has told me no! So, he eventually got off his lap, and inhaled the candy cane Santa gave him. No idea how, as he only has 8 front teeth, but it was gone in seconds. He then ran back to Santa and asked for "Maa" (More). Santa loved him and gave him another. Again, Gavin had the crowd laughing about that one. 

I would say that this encounter with Santa was a very big success, and Gavin had a blast. If only I knew what he told Santa;)

1 comment:

  1. How GREAT!!!! That is so sweet that you have such a special story of his Santa experience : ) LOVE that he had a crowd...it's because he's so stinkin adorable!

    ReplyDelete