Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gavin the teacher

What a busy past few weeks! I really wish I had more time to blog, but its been pretty busy around here. Well, and Gavin is a non-stop kinda toddler, so its HARD to find time to do this anymore! Anyways, I wanted to just write down a few things so I don't forget!

We have been busy with lots of things this past week. Preschool open house's, playdates with the playgroup, playdates with friends, LOTS of sunny park days, and lots of nice walks outside. I have also picked up a few extra shifts at work, so it has been a busy time!

Gavin has recently become obsessed with anything that has to do with planes, birds, trucks, or balloons. If he sees, hears, or knows we will see them, he tells me about 100 times. He loves to look at trucks while driving or walking. He says "truck" over and over. If a plane fly's by, Gavin knows it. I am always so amazed that he hears and sees them, even when I don't! He also spots any bird flying nearby...and tells me "Bird!!!"

Gavin has been climbing all over everything when we go to the parks now. Not just what he is supposed to climb on, but also what he is not. Just today he taught the other boys in his playgroup how to climb up on some big rocks at the park. There were a million other kid friendly things he could have climbed on, and he chose the big dangerous rocks. He does this all the time. If it is the right height to get up on something, he is there! I used to go run and stand right by him, but now I just watch, and keep my fingers crossed:) (If it was really dangerous, I would be close!) Anyways, he sure is quite the little teacher, or should I say influence, when he plays with his friends! Oh lord, I can only imagine what he will be like as a teen!

Gavin is Mr. chatterbox all day long. Most is Gavin language, but we sure can figure out what he is saying!  He says more, no, yea, book, bird, truck, balloon, ohh, dad, and ma about 1,000 times a day.

Gavin is also pretty obsessed with Baby Einstein on the computer. He likes to watch the Baby Animals one and makes the "Whoooo" sound for the owl, and the "Ruff-ruff" for the dog. When he wants to read a book he says book, and when he wants to watch the Baby Einstein he says book. Hmmm.

I think that's all for now, Gavin is asleep, and I am Exhausted! I really never knew how much a busy toddler could wear me out!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I'm exhausted just reading about all Gagin has been up to! Sounds like you guys are having SO much fun! Gosh, I feel like I miss out on so much! So happy you and G get to have these days together...so special, even if exhausting!

    ReplyDelete