Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day 2011

What a great day! It started out with sleeping in!!! Then, I woke up to Gavin bringing me a yummy breakfast in bed:)

After breakfast we played, headed to the park, played more, and then G took a 4 HOUR NAP! During that time Derek and I relaxed and I even napped a little. I woke up to find beautiful flowers and Derek making a delicious dinner...

When Gav finally woke up at 5pm (!!!) we had Grandma and Grandpa over for dinner. We had my FAVorite dessert of homemade lava cake and then played some more. Sleeping in, playing, napping, no dishes, no cleaning, and no cooking. Sounds perfect to me! I only took a few pics at the end of the day...another thing I took a break from, but could not help when I saw G in the front yard with Grandma:)

I really do feel so incredibly lucky to be a mother and to live the life I live. Thankful? Of course. Blessed? Completely. Although it is the hardest job on this earth, it by far is the most rewarding one. Do I need to sometimes pinch myself because I think I am living my dream? Yes, I do.

I have to say that it was the best little Mother's day:) I feel so so blessed to be a mother, and I also feel so blessed to have been raised by a great Mom. Everything I know and have learned, it is from her. She makes me the luckiest daughter in the world. To top it off, I also have the worlds best mother-in-law as well.


When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts.  A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.  ~Sophia Loren


1 comment:

  1. I love you so much and I too am truly blessed to have you as my daughter.

    ReplyDelete