Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Na Pali Coast

Today Derek and I booked a boat tour to go up the Na Pali Coast! We went on a 6-hour catamaran ride, went snorkeling, and enjoyed time alone!

Our day started with the boat leaving at 8am, so we got there early and had a cup of coffee. It was raining when we got there and I was pretty bummed. I thought it would be cancelled, and I asked the lady at the desk if we needed to reschedule. She laughed, and told me that the rain happens every day, and it would pass in a few minutes…. sure enough, it was gone once we went back outside, and the sun was out. Perfect!

We started the boat ride with some Hawaiian music, breakfast, and a beautiful view. We sat in the sun, and soaked it all in. We even went up to the top of the boat and got to “drive” the boat with the captain. 

The dolphins followed us almost the entire trip…swimming right along the boat. They were so cute! We stopped a few times to see them, and when we would cheer, they would do tricks. I wanted to get out and swim with them so bad!!!

After we saw all the coves and waterfalls of the Na Pali Coast, we got in to snorkel! We saw some really pretty fish, and the ocean water was so nice. I can’t remember all the titles, but a TON of movies were filmed on these beaches.

Once back in the boat, lunch was ready. (They had a chef on board, and she made the BEST Teri chicken, coleslaw, beans, and cookies! We ate, and had wine…and when my glass would empty, they would walk about and fill it back up.

After too much food and too much wine, guess what happened? I got a little bit nauseous.  Derek could see it in my eyes, and so we went up to the top, where I could see ahead. I immediately felt better, and was no longer feeling sick…but I decided to no have any more wine! Oops!

This was probably one of the best dates Derek and I have been on (Since being married) It was romantic and beautiful…Just what we needed!



No comments:

Post a Comment