Monday, May 9, 2011

Words Words Words

Gavin has become quite the chatterbox lately. Talking all day long, lots of repeated words, and lots of Gavin words. 

I can't keep up with all the new words he says, but one that stuck out today was "An-i-mal" ! ! ! Derek and I were cooking dinner and when it was done I told Gavin it was time for his chicken nuggets. They are animal shapes, and he said very lout "An-i-mal!" Derek and I were so proud!

Gavin also loves to learn his letters and numbers. We practice his letters on the frig, and he likes me to tell him what they are, and he repeats. He can pick out the letter "O" and is so proud of himself:) As for numbers, he counts all day long. I am always counting with him, and I guess he has been listening! I will hear him trying to count to himself, and its so adorable. It sounds like this "One....doo....treeee.....one....doo" and then stops. If I count to him, he repeats each number, and we go to 10. Most of them are pretty clear when he repeats them! 

Another cute thing he did today (Derek says its very SMART) happened after dinner. Gavin wanted to play in Daddy's truck, but could not get in. He walked inside the house, pulled the chair up to the desk, grabbed the keys (Look just like mine, but the difference is ONE key on them), and walked back out to the truck. Derek and I were actually talking, and noticed this going on...I guess if we are not listening to him, he will get it done himself;)


No comments:

Post a Comment