Thursday, September 15, 2011

Big Boy Gavin!

When I was at work last Sunday, I got a picture message on my phone of Gavin going poo-poo on the toilet for the first time! I was so proud, and so was Gavin & Daddy!

From that moment on, G has been in big boy underwear! (Still has diaper for nap and bedtime) He has been doing GREAT! A few pee-pee accidents here and there, but for the most part he knows when he has to go, and tells us! I am pretty sure he even understands to hold it when there is no potty in sight....and if he really has to go, he will shout "PEEEEEE" to me, and we will run to the nearest bathroom! (or tree:)

Since we spend SO much time outside, and school is outside, he has learned how to go potty on a tree or "pee-pee on dirt pile" :) He actually prefers to go outside over inside! Haha he is such a boy!

One little issue....the poop outside! Of course, he likes to poop outside! YIKES, this is not fun for mommy! The past few days he has gone #2 out on the driveway....he will come running to me to tell me afterwards, and of course he is proud...I am happy its not in his pants, but really???? Ever since G was little, he never was a squatter when he went #2...he always stood to do it! So now, telling him to sit, is kinda funny to him, he prefers to stand! When he goes in the potty, I have to keep reminding him to sit to go #2....or else its a mess;)

Overall we are SO proud of Gavin. We never pushed potty training, and let him tell us when he was ready...which I think is key. The transition was very smooth, and he caught on so fast. Next up is teaching him to get his underwear and shorts on himself....this would really help out my very sore back!

No comments:

Post a Comment