Thursday, September 8, 2011

Potty Training week one

One day last week while I was at work, Daddy started to potty train Gavin. I came home (Monday night) and G had used the potty 2 times! Since then, while we are home he has been wearing big boy underwear, and only having some accidents. He will tell us when he needs to pee, and then we go with him, and he goes. He is SOOO proud of himself, and then he knows that he gets a "treat" after he goes potty...it is some sprinkles (we used to put on cupcakes) and some nerds. (the only candy we have in the house from last Valentines day!, thanks Grandma!!!) About 5 each, as he likes to pee a LOT!

I had no idea that he was going to catch on this fast!!! I was honestly dreading the process, as I thought it would be a LOT more difficult! I guess that since he is ready, its not too bad! By no means is he completely potty trained, he still has yet to poop in the potty...and we also are still putting on diapers when we leave the house, but we will get to that soon enough, for now we are just letting him call the shots about when he wants to wear his "underwear" and diaper, and so far he is choosing underwear:) I have no idea if this is the right way to go about it, but so far so good...this is how first time parents learn, right?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment