Friday, March 2, 2012

Brothers

I am not sure that Gavin could love his brother any more. We are so lucky. Gavin asks to "hold baby Austin to read him a book" EVERY single day. And the sweet part is Austin will fall asleep while Gavin rocks him. My heart melts. 

Gavin also needs to "see him" wherever and whenever. He always needs to know where his brother is. Austin LOVES to lay on his changing table and look out the window...and Gavin always "watches" him to make sure he does not fall. I found Gavin talking and kissing Austin on the changing table this morning. 

Austin slept in his own room for the very first time last night. He did great! Slept from 730pm to midnight, nursed, and went back to sleep until 3am. Then it was nurse every hour and sleep in my arms, but we will take it! Baby steps:) It was SOOOO nice to get a chunk of sleep! If I have to go to bed at 830pm, then I will. Little Austin sure is a loud baby...the groans, grunts, farts, burps, poops, seriously its SO loud! I have never heard a baby this loud...therefore he needs to be in his own room! I enjoyed getting to sleep with Austin by my side for 3 weeks...and will cherish the time...but now he is growing and wayyyyy too loud!

Baby Austin has a little case of baby acne right now...not nearly as bad as Gavin's was, but its there. Its so funny how people comment on it, and ask if there is "anything I have done?" to cause it or help it. I am pretty sure its a normal thing (surge of hormones cause it), and there is no way I am putting any acne medicine on it! Sheesh:)

It has been an entire week that I have been on my own with the boys, and its not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Thanks mostly to the worlds best mother in law...I have had some help:) We have made it a week with only one toddler melt down, caused by not wanting to use the potty...nothing to do with his brother:)







No comments:

Post a Comment