Monday, March 26, 2012

My Gavin

I just don't know where to start. Gavin is hilarious. Seriously, I find myself laughing almost all day long. The things he says, and the way he says them. He hears everything, and repeats everything. Big words, little words, words that he has no idea the meaning. He will just say and do the funniest things. The only reason that I am not completely insane at the moment (lack o sleep) is because he makes me smile and laugh all the time. Thank you Gavin.

Just a few things he has done recently:

The other day when he fell for the first time off his balance bike, he stayed on the ground, and immediately grabbed his shoe and was messing around with it. We asked him if he was OK, and if he hurt his foot? He said, "No, Davin was just down here tyin his shoe!" HAHAHAHA We were on the ground laughing. What??? He was not! He does not even have ties on his shoes, they are velcro! He pretended that he did not fall, and he was just "tyin his shoe" :)

When we went to Balloon Cuts today to get his haircut, he told the lady "Thanks for cutting Davin's hair, it looks AWESOME!!! See you next year!!!" HAHAHA What? Awesome? Did not know he knew that word. And love the next year....he has no idea how long that means:)

While at the grocery today, he did some funny things. He always pushes his own cart, and helps me pick out each and every fruit and veggie. He ran straight to the spinach and told me "We need SPINACH for our BOOTIES!!!!" (smoothie) :) I told him we already had spinach, and he said "Oh, well then we need more KALE for our bootie!!!" He was right, we were out of kale...and you would not believe the crowd of people watching and listening to him! They were all amazed that he knew the greens so well:) Then, while we were checking out, Gavin hands EACH and every item in the cart to the cashier. He then tells the cashier what each item is, and what it is used for. At Lunardi's they all love Gavin! As Gavin was passing the items to the cashier, I was putting them in my basket...and Gavin noticed this and said, "Look, we are all doing TEAMWORK!!!!" He loves when "teamwork" happens! So funny.

One not so funny thing? I have had THREE people in the last few weeks ask me if my toddler was TEETHING! Why? He puts any and everything in his mouth! I am talking everything. Hands, toys, you name it, and he has it in his mouth. Its discusting. I probably say "Hands out OF MOUTH" or "DONT put that in your mouth!!!" about 100 times a day. Seriously child, STOP! I don't know why he does not get sick ALL the time! It must be the echinacea that I give him...he has to have some good immunity with all the c#$% he puts in his mouth! Just yesterday? The straps in the cart at costco, YUCK! Today? The toy frogs at gym class (that all 100 germy/snot nose kids play with) YUCK! When will this stop???

Oh Gavin, He sure makes me laugh! (most of the time:) Life with Gav is one big adventure for sure!

1 comment: