Monday, May 14, 2012

Strong Austie

I can't believe how strong this baby is! He is a lot stronger at this age than G was for sure. Something I didn't realize could happen bc G was a strong baby.

Austin can hold his head up all the time, very well. We are obviously always careful and support it when we lift him up, but sometimes when we are doing tummy time, I will lift him up by his hands to a standing position, and he holds his head the entire time, very well! I am always so amazed.

He spends most of the day in a standing position in your lap. Legs straight, and very sturdy...and we usually hold him by the torso...but sometimes by the arms and hands...and he stands so tall and proud!

He has been rolling from tummy to back since he was less than a week old...and is just days away from back to tummy. His one arm stands in his way right now, he cannot decide where to put it so he can roll.

Just this afternoon, he was taking a nice long nap in his swing...where he naps 90% of the time. He was sleeping and sleeping for hours (Thanks to his little cold) so I kept checking on him. I found him with his head completely off the swing on the side!!! AHHH I freaked out and ran to him...and after I made sure he was breathing and moved his head back, he woke up a little and move his head off AGAIN! OK, strong boy, no more swing for you! (It does not matter that he is strapped in and it is on its lowest setting...He is too strong for his own good:)

Baby A has also decided that for the past week, he no longer will drink from a bottle. He usually gets one bottle a day from Daddy...not anymore! We have tried and tried with different people and times...he just does not want it! He seriously acts like he is being poisoned when the bottle hits his mouth...Not sure what to do at this point! New bottles? I guess we will just keep trying for now.

I just wanted to write this down, because he changes so much each and every day. Just like that he is so big. Tonight while I was nursing him before bed, he decided that he wanted to know what all the noise was about (Gavin & Daddy reading books and playing) and also wanted to smile at me...so he would suck, suck, suck, completely pull his head away and look at me and smile and coo...and did this over and over for 20 minutes! Gone are the days when he will just nurse away with all the noise in the back round...now he wants to see what's happening! He sure is growing so fast.

I had to post all the pics of A in his toys...our house looks just like it did 2 years ago...baby stuff EVERYWHERE! Baby Austin loves his jumparoo and exersaucer already!

No comments:

Post a Comment