Sunday, February 10, 2013

{Austin 12 Months}

Dear baby Austin,

Today you turn one. 12 months ago you came into our lives, and we can not imagine our life without you. You fit so perfectly into our family...you make our family. You complete our family. I feel so happy and blessed to be your momma.

It just seems like yesterday when I went into labor with you. Looking back I am still as thankful as ever that you came into this world so quickly...it was not easy, but it was worth every second of it. You were a very healthy baby, and we were and are so proud. I will never forget those first few hours of your life...you were placed on my chest, and it was the most magical 2 hours of my life. I felt amazing and you were perfect. 10 months I worried that something might happen to you, and you were just so perfect. Still feels so surreal.

This past year has moved pretty fast. You have given us so much joy, and you keep us so busy. You are completing milestones well before you are supposed to, and growing up so fast. You adore your brother, and smile and laugh all day long. You think you are three years old too.

These days you have become quite the super napper. You have always been a great napper, but seriously, you LOVE your naps! You sleep for 3 hours in the morning and 3 in the afternoon...and we have to wake you up every evening at 6pm because you would keep sleeping! You love your warm and cozy bed, and you really love your blankies. When you see one, you grab it, put it on your head, and lay your head down. Whenever I am not working on a weekend day, I will let you take a nap on my chest, and I really cherish this time. I love it. You love it. Pure heaven.

Dancing man. You just love to dance. To any kind of music...any time. If you hear a tune you stop what you are doing and start dancing. If I start drumming my fork on the table, you will pull your arms in close, and move side to side. Adorable. One of your favorite things to do is Music Together class. You just smile and laugh and dance. The teacher loves you so much, and you are the most social one in the class. You walk up to everyone and "talk" to them...then move on to the next person. You even sit in the teachers lap, and I swear she sheds a tear every time...she just loves you! (plus none of the other babies do this;)

You have really taken an interest in toys these days, specifically shape sorters. You will sit down with a box and shapes, and try so hard to get them inside. The amount of time you will spend doing this is so long, its pretty amazing. If you get one inside, you clap your hands and smile. You also love the one with the three balls...you will carry all the balls around and then go find the box, walk up and put them inside and clap.

You have started this little fake laugh too. If you want attention or are very proud, you will fake laugh. its so funny, because your two top teeth show, and you look so darn cute.

You are our eater. You love to eat, and you do so all day long. You eat so much because you move so much! I don't know any kids your age that will eat 2 eggs, toast, kale smoothie, 2 cheese sticks, cereal, oatmeal, and carrots for breakfast! Its amazing.

You have started to try to run. You walk everywhere now, and are very sturdy on your feet. You climb, jump, and balance very well. Now you will try to run. Its so cute because you cannot do it yet, so you fall over, but you try. Fingers crossed, you have yet to hurt yourself (bad;)

Oh Austie. You are so much fun. We are really looking forward to this spring and summer...we just know that you will have a blast in the sand at the beach. And parks. And creek. Everywhere!

You still nurse 4 times a day (when you wake and before naps and bedtime) and you still very much enjoy it. I do too. Its a time for you to unwind, and calm down, and I really cherish this special time that we have. I am not sure how long you will nurse, but you get to decide when its time to stop...I really feel like this is best for you.

Now we are off to get ready for your big party...we have our very close family and friends coming over to celebrate YOU!

Austin, thank you so much for making me smile each and every day. We all love you so so much!

Momma & Daddy












No comments:

Post a Comment