Saturday, July 27, 2013

Yeah Right

Oh look at this smile and those cute little lips. NOT! Don't let this fool you! During our trip back across the country this one was a TERROR! Holy Lord. I am not even sure where to begin.

Well, I guess I need to start by saying that the car ride to the airport (1.5hrs) he was very good. Played and talked and ate. Then the first flight to Texas he fell asleep after screaming in my ear for 10 minutes, and slept the entire flight. Oh man, then the flight to San Fran. He was a NIGHTMARE! He did not want to sit. Did not want to eat. Did not want to play. Did not want anything. He wanted to cry, and every time my ears popped, he would yell as loud as he could. I knew that it was hurting his ears, but there is nothing I could do. I used to nurse them during this time, and they would be OK. But obviously that cant happen. I tried walking around and shushing him, and I tried everything I could think of. I was exhausted. Oh, and he went #2 THREE TIMES ON A THREE HOUR FLIGHT! Seriously?  Oh, and no changing station in the bathroom. Oh, and it was diarrhea because he still had some of the stomach bug left in him. Oh yeah. It was bad. I honestly feel terrible for everyone around us. I did not look up ONCE and NEVER made eye contact with anyone. Yikes. 

For the most part, Austin had a great week, but that stomach bug he had/has really threw him off. He did not sleep well and I had to resort to some Benadryl to help him out. He was drinking pedialyte all week, and just not himself. SUPER clingy to me. I knew he did not feel good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment