Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Austin 4mo Check-Up

Today baby A had his 4mo check up. We fist went over to Ma's house to drop off G. He got to spend the day there, and he could not get there fast enough!

I was able to take Austin to the doctor alone, and that was so nice. It was a very simple and quick visit. No issues, and he is happy and healthy. Dr. C told me how "absolutely beautiful and perfect" he is....that I already know;)

Here are the stats:
Weight-15lbs 10oz (50th percentile)
Height-26 inches (75th percentile)
Head Circ-42cm (52nd percentile)

Lastly he got his 2 shots. DTap and Prevnar. YUCK! These two are yucky ones! Poor guy screamed so loud, and continued all the way home. After a dose of tylenol he was asleep and stayed that way for 5 hours. Only in my arms. He would scream every time I laid him flat, so I just let him sleep on my chest. Its not often that he can do this, so why not? We spent all afternoon in bed:) I even got to read a book....something I have not done in a VERY long time!

He does all that he should for this age, and more. When the appointment was over, as I was leaving the office I was counting my blessings. We were in and out and he is perfect. I know its not always this easy, and I am very thankful for his health. Something we can't take for granted.

When he woke up from his 5hr nap he cried some more, every time he would move his legs...and then he spit up a HUGE amount and went back to sleep. Those shots sure do a number on him!

sorry for the nasty spit up pic, but it was massive! Poor guy:(



No comments:

Post a Comment