Sunday, June 17, 2012

Best Daddy

I am really not sure what I did to deserve such a wonderful husband AND father to our children. Derek is a dream come true, and I count my lucky stars each and every day.

1. He puts me and the boys FIRST among everything. WE are his life, and he shows it. He spends 100% of his free time with us. He leaves for work waving to Gavin, and comes home smiling when he see's Gavin. He then drops everything and takes over Dad duty. He never spends his time with the boys doing anything else but being with them...and I love this. IF he wants to do something that does not involve the boys, he does it during nap time or once they go to bed. He is always there for me and them.

2. He teaches them to help. Derek and Gavin do everything together. Yard work. Fixing things around the house. Grocery shopping. Cooking. Cleaning things. Everything they do together. He has taught Gavin "how" to do so many things, and now Gavin LOVES to help all the time.

3. He teaches them patience. Something I do not have much of. Derek teaches Gavin how to be nice and patient, and how to be polite. Please and Thank you goes a long way in this house, and Gavin has learned this from Daddy.

4. He teaches them how to have fun. While doing all those things mentioned above, he teaches Gavin how to have fun doing it. When Daddy says "lets fix...." something, Gavin JUMPS to go get whatever tools he needs. He also takes Gavin out all the time to play. Even if its at Home Depot, Gavin has the time of his life being with Daddy.

5. He shows them how to treat me, and teaches them the right way to act. He teaches them through example....the best way to learn.

6. He helps ME. He recognizes when I am tired and when I need a break. He will take over 100% of the duties and let me rest or sleep. I will be forever grateful to him for this. He gets up at midnight with the baby to give a bottle. He wakes up at 6am when Gavin wakes up. He runs on little sleep, and I don't know how he does it. Lucky, I sure am.

7. He makes us laugh! We love him so much and thank God every day for him and our family. Thank you babe for making us so very happy:)


1 comment:

  1. awwwww...this is so sweet! he really is the best! how he reacted to the sunglasses situation won me over : )

    ReplyDelete