Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Homemade baby food


 





When Gavin was 6 months old, he started on solids. I made absolutely everything he ate, and I really enjoyed making his food. It is so simple, and so easy to do. The best part is knowing exactly what you are feeding your baby...and it is kinda fun to come up with different mixtures.

This time around I was not sure if I would have the time to make Austin's food...but I sure wanted to give it a try. I want him to have all the healthy good stuff that Gav had...So today we made our first batch...and I have the worlds best helper!

Gavin helped pick, wash, peel, chop, and steam the squash. Then the best part, the hand blender. He did all the blending, and then helped scoop it into the freezer cubes. It took less than an hour (we were distracted with baby a few times:) and was so easy.

Austin waited patiently in the high chair eating blueberries, and then devoured the squash we made. He seems to prefer squash over apples...Gavin says "Silly baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment