Friday, May 15, 2009

26 weeks ~ 6 1/2 months pregnant!

I am now 6.5 months pregnant and getting bigger and bigger every day! I am starting to notice that even some maternity clothes I bought a month ago are already feeling snug! Yeah, I thought they would last the whole time, boy was I wrong! I am back now from my trip to Ohio and back into the swing of things here. I had such a great time last week and I am so thankful for such an amazing family...

Yesterday I went to the Dr. office to have my blood drawn for my glucose tolerance test, and I hope I passed because I ate some cereal before I went...It says that you should not eat anything sweet before the test but I was SO hungry and had not had breakfast! I guess we will see!

Baby is moving around all the time and I am beginning to notice some patterns to him being awake. He starts off by waking me up around 4am with some squirms and continues until I get up. He moves enough to wake me up, but I am able to fall back asleep for a few more hours. Then hes up again around 9am and he stays active for a little while! Then I don't notice him moving very much until the late afternoon (probably because I am moving around so much during the day). Then the most active time is in the evening around and after dinner. He is bouncing around everywhere! This is when we can see my entire belly moving around:) I have read that the patterns that baby's have in-utero at this point are usually the patterns that they have for the first few weeks after they are born. (Until I get him on a better and more convenient schedule...hehe yeah right:) 

I have also noticed him reacting to sound more and more. When is a moving just a little and I start talking to him he will start moving a lot more. When Derek talks to him he will start moving. I also know what noise he does not like...The other night we went to Derek's parents for dinner and Derek was playing with Smokey the dog...Smokey started barking (High pitch loud bark) and I could feel the baby tense up! My entire belly tightened up and it just felt funny! Baby also does not like the fire alarm at work. We are always having "practice" alarms and this last one caused the same tense reaction...Sorry little guy!

Baby Development This Week:
Baby is now inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, which is getting him ready for breathing on the outside. He now weighs around a pound and two thirds and is about 14 inches long, as long as an English hothouse cucumber (a really long cucumber:). His ears are becoming a lot more sensitive and he is now reacting to noise.  


No comments:

Post a Comment