Friday, May 22, 2009

27 Weeks and growing belly:)




Today I am 27 weeks pregnant:) Oh how the time flies when you are feeling good! I have been feeling him move around more and more and now not a day goes by that I don't feel him multiple times:) He seems to be responding more and more to noise and movement. For the last week at work I have been taking care of a cute little 3 week old baby girl who just had heart surgery...She is just so sweet and loves to be held. She loves to snuggle and lay on your chest on her belly...and that's kinda hard with my belly, so I just let her drape across my belly while I am sitting at the computer to chart...and she loves it. Well, she was not the only one! I swear that every time I do this baby Moore starts moving around...a lot!!!

This week Derek and I ordered a few of the "big" baby items that we will be needing. We bought the crib and the breast pump! We are trying to make sure we have the basic stuff that we will need and these are 2 very important ones! We got the Graco Sarah Lifetime 4 in 1 crib that will eventually be a toddler bed and then a full size bed, and its so cute! It is rated one of the safest cribs and has a lot of great reviews. We also bought the breast pump that I will be using...quite a bit especially when I return to work. I have heard from a LOT of nursing moms that the Medela "Freestyle Hands Free" pump is great and they all love it. It is a hands free double electric pump that is digital and very lightweight...it will be great to take to work because it is so small. It is one of the more pricey pumps, but I know it will be worth it when I am working 12 hour shifts and needing to pump maybe 2 or 3 times throughout the day. I wanted to have this when the baby is born as well because there is always a chance that I may need it while the baby is getting used to feeding...(learned this from Erica and baby G!)

Baby Development This Week:
Baby now weighs around 2 pounds and is the size of a cauliflower:) (Feels like that too!) Baby is opening and closing his eyes and even sucking on his fingers:) Baby can also have the hiccups now, although I have not felt them yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment